7th INTERNATIONAL FIBER ART BIENNALE
FROM LAUSANNE TO BEIJING
7th INTERNATIONAL FIBER ART BIENNALE
& INTERNATIONAL FIBER ART SYMPOSIUM
‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ the 7th International Fiber Art Biennale will be held in Nantong city, Jiangsu Province from 8th November to 15th December, 2012. Simultaneously, an academic symposium will be held as well. We sincerely welcome all domestic and foreign artists, entrepreneurs, and academic friends to participate and support the exhibition.
‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ Biennale encourages international communication and popularization of fiber art. It enhances Chinese culture through creativity; stimulates the development of the information industry and provide an opportunity to demonstrate a new field of vision that is found and shared in the Biennale Exhibition and Symposium.
November 8, 2012 3:00pm
EXHIBITION DURATION & ADDRESS:
November 8, 2012 — December 15, 2012.
Nantong 1895 Cultural Industry District, Jiangsu Province, China
SYMPOSIUM SCHEDULE & ADDRESS:
November 10, 2012 9:00am
Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University
Nantong Municipal People's Government, China
Fiber Art Committee, China Arts & Crafts Association
Nantong State-owned Property Group
The 7th ‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ International Fiber Art Biennale Catalogue
Published by China Architecture & Building Press.
1. ‘Century Master’ Creative Research Center has sponsored Gold, Silver, Bronze awards to this Biennale and titles the awards as ‘Bai Nian Ju Jiang（Century Master）’ Fiber Art Fund Prize.
2. Gold : 1 Prize 50,000 RMB (includes purchase of work for the collection)
Silver: 2 Prize 10,000 RMB
Bronze: 6 Prize 5,000 RMB
Excellence: Undetermined, Temporarily has not set up Prize.
Gold award winning work piece will be kept by ‘Century Master’ Creative Research Center. The artist can refuse to accept cash prize for collection.
3. Certificates will be presented to all the selected award-winning works.
1. No restriction on fiber materials, form, or style; two-dimensional (2-D) or three-dimensional (3-D) work.
2. The gallery’s wall is 320cm high for 2-D works, and 600cm high space for 3-D works.
3. Shipping container or box must not exceed 120cm x 120cm x 50cm. The length of a tube or cylinder must not exceed 120cm.
4. Application time: June 1st – July 15th 2012.
(Entry must arrive before the end of the day, July 25, 2012.)
5. Image Submission
(1) Application work can be submitted in two ways and will be used to print the catalogue.
A. Photographing Your Work
It's essential that the image of your artwork is the highest professional quality.Use professional photographer if possible.Each image should be clearly focused on a neutral background and accurately reflect the work submitted. Colors must represent the piece accurately.Do not use camera flash. It will cause "hot spot" on the work.
B. Digital Image Submission
High-resolution: 300-350 pixels/inch; tiff or jpg format.
Do not use interpolation or photo editing software to change the image in any way.
(2) The image of each work should be printed on an A4 size paper.
(3) Each work submitted must have a separate application form. The form may be photocopied. (The form can be download from http://www.chinafiberart.com.cn/)
(4) Registration fee: Free for foreign artists
6. Selection: Art Work will be selected by an evaluation committee. Notification of the jury decision will be sent to the artists by the organizing committee before Aug. 15th, 2012.
7．Exhibition Entry Fee : Free for foreign artists who are invited to the exhibition. ￥900 for Chinese artists (free for students )
8. The selected works will be published in the 7th ‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ International Fiber Art Biennale Catalogue.
9. Application Fees and Bank Transfer Info:
Contact: Miss. Liu Quanhua
Address: Fiber Art Lab, Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Bank Transfer Information:
Bank Account Name: Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University
Bank Account Number: 0200004509089131550
Bank Name: Branch of Haidian District, Beijing City, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
(Please make a note in the payment acknowledgement for: Application Fee for Fiber Art Exhibition)
For international participants, the Art Work must be shipped by international post office to Beijing. Participants will be responsible for all shipping and insurance costs. Organizing committee will pay for the return shipping costs.
Organizing Committee Contact Information:
General contact: Yue, Song （0086+13466356702）
Contact(China): Liu, Quanhua （0086+13621004831）
Contact (International): Wang, Mei (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact(Media):Liang, Kai (0086+15120000993) E-mail：email@example.com
C322/B357, Fiber Art Institute,
Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University Haidian District,
The 7th ‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ International Fiber Art Biennale(Nantong)
January 1th ,2012
7th INTERNATIONAL FIBER ART
If you cannot download the application form, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org